We are on the road again , traveling with seas Kayaks , MTB’s and tramping / camping gear of all kinds. Big plans and the realization that training will be required .
Barb has ticked the box for the following challenges on a big OE trip from July onwards.
- Paddle 658 Kms in Germany’s River Elbe participating in the “Elbefahrt
- Cycle tour about 1000kms in Germany along the Danube river and other routes to be determined
- Cycle the 4 Rivers cycle route between the cities of Seoul and Bussan 640 Kms
- Walk maybe – up to 400 km on the island of Jeju ( walk called the Jeju Olle ) Training day One was a lovely paddle up the Puhoi river from our campsite at Wenderholm campgrounds. Paddled up on the rising tide and had a nice brunch at the historic Bohemium Pub. Not a long paddle but enough training for day 1 .Barb picked up some 1 dollar books at the Puhoi library , good as the tv is playing up.
- With term one about to start , and Barb having turned down a bunch of teaching opportunities in favour of our training camps , we both chuckled at this sign outside the old trading post shop.
- NO regrets