We are on the road again , traveling with seas Kayaks , MTB’s and tramping / camping gear of all kinds. Big plans and the realization that training will be required .
Barb has ticked the box for the following challenges on a big OE trip from July onwards.
- Paddle 658 Kms in Germany’s River Elbe participating in the “Elbefahrt
- Cycle tour about 1000kms in Germany along the Danube river and other routes to be determined
- Cycle the 4 Rivers cycle route between the cities of Seoul and Bussan 640 Kms
- Walk maybe – up to 400 km on the island of Jeju ( walk called the Jeju Olle ) Training day One was a lovely paddle up the Puhoi river from our campsite at Wenderholm campgrounds. Paddled up on the rising tide and had a nice brunch at the historic Bohemium Pub. Not a long paddle but enough training for day 1 .Barb picked up some 1 dollar books at the Puhoi library , good as the tv is playing up.
- With term one about to start , and Barb having turned down a bunch of teaching opportunities in favour of our training camps , we both chuckled at this sign outside the old trading post shop.
- NO regrets
Barb! What are you thinking? He is either trying to kill you, or have your body transformed to that of an Amazon!
Yes — an amazon !! She’ll be a faster lady by year’s end 😉
Also forgot to add the AU trip in April / May — but camping from HENRIETTA will not be quite so energetic — like an athlete tapering down before the big event
Hope the heat hasn’t been too testing Roz
Hi B and B, I know the area you are in reasonably well. Have done quite a bit of fishing in the inlet and around the island. Re O Henry—most of his books I read were short stories about the West. Always promised myself a trip end to end of the US Rockies. Will have to be next time round. Will follow your blog keenly. All the best. Oh re fourbee, my Toyota is a keeper too. Very low maintenance, and I will wear out before it does. I have joined the local road racing club again. Time to get some rised targets.
Great to hear from you Denis
Back racing eh — you are irrepressible 🤔
Will be back in AU in April for some more camping , some ” tapering ” before the main events starting July .
Will be a big year – 2018 will be a rest year 😉